2/21/2010

New from Old

Allie mentioned a quilt contest at the alliance for American Quilts... http://www.allianceforamericanquilts.org/projects/galleries/New%20from%20Old%20Quilt%20Contest/guidelines/

The theme is "new from old" and I'm thinking I might give it a try... I've never entered a competition because they are usually a short lead time to work something up. But the deadline here is May 31 and I might make this if I start right away...

I had been wanting to do something again with my grandmother's photo and my granddaughter's picture.... to bridge the generations.....The original of my grandmother is full length and will have to rescan it but it is a nice picture to span a 100 years...





So yesterday I found this picture of lovely granddaughter Madison. I loved the pose and attitude but there was a young man in the picture... so I've just started to erase him.... My brain is going into overdrive on this one... The picture of Madison is wallet size

and wish I had a larger one to get better resolution..
But I love the juxtaposition of poses and color.











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts